Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week #75

Plitvička Jezora-Plitvice Lakes

So the reason why I'm writing so late is because yesterday we went to the Lakes! And it down poured!!! A lot of us missionaries went "swimming" because of all the rain. It was crazy, but a lot of fun to be together and just get some more energy from the entire group. I don't know how it is in other missions, but sometimes it can be lonely serving with just one or two sets of other missionaries. It's nice to get together sometimes. A fun miracle of the week was I got on the bus on Sunday, and I just barely sat down before someone asked me, "Do you hold Bible discussions?" I said, "Well, yes, they are more personal and we talk about Jesus Christ." She said, "Now I'm interested in that!" We talked for a few minutes and she was really interested. I showed her my Book of Mormon and she got soo excited! I told her we didn't have an extra copy, so we can come by her place. I got her address and she didn't remember her number but we gave her our information and we'll see if we get a Best Two Years miracle and have her call us. If anything, we'll just stop by her place ;) But my favorite miracle of the day I found out about two hours ago. I talked to Sestra Mortensen last week and things were looking really good with Mario, the investigator from Osijek who wanted to follow the commandments so badly. I told her to give me a call as soon as he accepts baptism....well, today she called. AHH!!! He is down to 2 cigarettes, we made a goal with him a month ago to stop smoking this week, and he is definitely focused on it! AHH!!! I can't wait! Pray for him on July 22. So I'll still be in the country when he gets baptized ;)

Another miracle, we have a new building here in Rijeka. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! We had an open house which consisted of about 65 people attending! Then at church we had 21 people in Sunday School class. Last year we were lucky to get 8! And this weekend the Elders have a baptism to this awesome man who has been involved with the Book of Mormon for 10 years! Crazy right? What the miracles!

Sestra Compare and I had an interesting discussion about instruments. For the Lord makes us an instrument in His hands, but sometimes we are used as different tools: hammer, chisel, brush, etc.. The Lord needs everyone of us in different ways, and depending on the situation. So my challenge to everyone is be an instrument that isn't gathering dust! Find an instrument that you are needed for right now and go to work! You'll be great as long as it's what the Lord wants! Sretno! Good luck! Volim vas!

No comments:

Post a Comment