Monday, June 3, 2013

Week #72

Nisam očekovala-I didn't expect

This was a week of full of unexpected events. We expected to leave Tuesday to go to Zagreb to meet the new missionaries, but then they were stuck in Seattle!! So we planned to come in Wednesday morning. Well...surprise they were stuck in another place (I still don't know where) but then we were told not to come in until Wednesday night. So we had to figure a lot of last minute plans and to use our time wisely. But it was a nice last few days in Osijek and then we arrived in Rijeka!!! I didn't arrive with Sestra Compare as planned though, she had some things she needed to finish up in Beograd and will be joining me this upcoming Saturday. So who am I with in Rijeka you may be asking? The wonderful Baka Rowe, (Grandma Rowe) this is President Rowe's mother who came on a mission for two years. She's here helping me recontact my old investigators and the members and find some new people who are ready. We take a taxi everywhere and have received 2 numbers, placed 1 Book of Mormon, and made many friends. It's wonderful! It's been interesting to see how many things in Rijeka haven't changed and new developments that have taken place. It just feels so right to be back. I didn't realize how much I have missed Rijeka until I first saw it coming over the hill on the bus. I love living in this beautiful area and being with these beautiful people. We didn't have the success that I thought we were going to have right off the bat, but we are preparing for a shoot off when Sestra Compare gets here. We are just doing what we can do, and I can't wait to fulfill the purposes that I'm meant to do here. I have faith in these people. I have seen the growth in them and in myself. I know that if I push as hard as I can to do what the Lord wants to do that we will succeed together. And because of that fulfillment and our faith, our joy will be full (3 Nephi 17:20). I love that phrase, "Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full." I didn't expect this week to go the way it has, but I have faith to continue on and I know that even though we won't have 200 baptisms during the time I'm here, that I have the faith to fulfill the purposes God has for me here, and the joy will come. The joy is already here for me. I'm blessed to return to this wonderful place. I'm so happy, so jolly ;) Have a wonderful day and feel the joy. Volim vas!

No comments:

Post a Comment