Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week #76

Ljubav-Love
I absolutely love this town. I love waking up in the morning, getting on my knees, asking for the Lord to bless these people who I love. I love studying the scriptures for an hour, discuss with my companion how we can learn and grow and help those people come closer to God's love. I love going out with the energy, hope, and faith to find people who are ready to learn more. I love walking along the sea with the breeze constantly pushing us as if it knows that there are people ready and supporting us to keep moving. I love coming home, feeling entirely exhausted, praying and accounting for our day's work, and praying that tomorrow we can be better than we were the day before. I love sitting on our balcony, overlooking my beautiful Rijeka, seeing where we have traveled, remember the people we have met, the people who have influenced me for good. I love my dear companion Sestra Compare who sadly was mid-transfer transferred to Banja Luka :(, but I love my new companion Sestra Palmer who is starting to love Rijeka as much as I do. I love that she's been out for only 5 weeks and has already learned so much of what it means to be a missionary. I love how already our brainwaves work together and while we were making goals, the goals lined up so perfectly. I love how excited I am for how much potential my last month has. I love being a missionary. As I was studying about love this past week I realized in Moroni 7:40-48 it gives the steps of how to attain faith, but it all starts with a prayer that I could be filled with love. It hit me this week and I experienced this week that love isn't about what you receive. It's all about giving. If I expect something in return, then that isn't true love. I'm willing to go out tracting for three hours because I love the people, and I love the gospel, but I don't expect baptisms in return. Yes, I have faith that it could, but that's not what matters. What matters is that I'm giving my all for them, so they can have just a chance to be happy. It's not a waste if something doesn't happen. It's all because I love them. I hate the fact that I can count on one hand how many weeks I have left, but only because I love you and I love them. Have a great week full of love! Volim vas.

No comments:

Post a Comment