Monday, June 10, 2013

Week #73

Pozdrav iz mora! Greetings from the sea! The weather has been on and off this past week. We went from beautiful morning to dark rainy afternoons to clear gorgeous sunsets. It was quite lopsided, but I love it :) I'm officially back with Sestra C! We arrived last night together and ready to work hard this week to get things done! I was surprised this past week didn't go as planned. But how come that surprised me? That's missionary life. We pray and plan to be where the Lord wants us to be, but then things happen and we aren't where we planned, but we are where the Lord wants us to be anyways. So this week we worked hard, and I was surprised by the numbers. I don't think I had this low of numbers since Zadar. When I told Sestra C this, she was like, "Well, not everywhere is like Osijek." That hit me, oh yeah, I was very happy with all the success we were having in Osijek. Not as many baptisms that should have happened, but definitely filled with lessons. So now I'm back to starting from ground zero, but the thing is that I can see Rijeka being like Osijek. I see us seeing these people all the time in lessons not just at the doors. I see these people's eyes filled with the light of the Holy Ghost despite the darkness and sadness they have experienced throughout their life. I see them with an eye of faith. I realized this week that this is what my mission has done to me. Seeing everything and everyone with an eye of faith. I always thought that I had faith for people but what I had was hope. I saw where they could be, but I didn't always act that they could reach that point. Having faith for something is acting. Having faith is continually striving to be better. Having faith is loving the Lord and doing exactly what he says. I love how it says in Ether 12:19, their "faith was so exceedingly strong, even before Christ came,...but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with an eye of faith, and they were glad." Having faith keeps us happy. Having faith continually gives us a reason to keep going. Having faith gives us love from everyone and our Lord who loves us more than we can comprehend. Have faith. Volim vas.

No comments:

Post a Comment