Monday, February 4, 2013

Week #56

Jesam li u Americi?-Am I in America?

So I ask if I'm in America because I feel like we're busy enough now that it's like we're missionaries in America (Or at least from my perception). Most of my mission, we go out tracting or stop people on the street at least for an hour each day. The next three days are already booked and we have barely been tracting or contacting people on the street the last two weeks! I'm amazed that I'm in Croatia! I knew that Croatia would one day get to this point when I was in Rijeka and Zadar, but I'm seeing it here and now in Osijek. Wow, what a blessing. I'm just grateful for all the hard work of previous missionaries because I know how hard it must have been and now there are so many people who are willing to listen because they have had some contact with the missionaries or they are willing to just listen. It's been very nice. Yes, we talk to some people who aren't nice, naravno (naturally). But there's a special difference here, and I'm grateful to be here at this time.

One woman in particular, V, has been wanting to get baptized, but her husband doesn't understand authority and thinks since she has been baptized she doesn't need to again. But she feels the difference. The only problem is that she's still smoking. She's tried to stop several times, but it hasn't been sticking. So we'll keep trying and it will be great :) And the elders are teaching a few guys who are so close to. It's exciting!!!

I was reading in Helaman this last week and loved chapter 3 especially verse 25! The thought of being "astonished beyond measure" makes me think of Osijek. Osijek can get to the point of amazing people beyond measure. When missionaries, including myself, are called to this area of the world, people just speak about how hard it will probably be and that you don't see much success. And now I think, "Much success? Compared to whom?" Yes, if we were compared to Brazil, well yeah then it seems like it's small, but I'm so grateful to say I see success everyday. Going to three lessons yesterday and three new investigators coming out of it, to me that's one success. Going to church and seeing 3 less-active and two investigators come to church. That's another success. Going home at the end of the day so tired but so happy. That's success. Now having success beyond measure. That I'm excited to see, and Osijek can do it. Another verse which caught my eye was 35. Fast and pray oft. See the growth in your faith. Feel the purification of the Atonement from the Holy Ghost. And all this can happen as we yield our hearts unto God. I'm sooo sooo soooo grateful to be here, right now, in this time in my life. This mission has truly changed my life and I will always be in debt to my Heavenly Father for blessing me to be in this mission so I can learn who I am, what I'm made of, and see the miracles these people create from their faith every day. For miracles are happening everyday as we have faith. So keep up the faith! Allow God to bless you! For he surely does. I know this. Volim vas! Ćao!

S vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment