Monday, January 28, 2013

Week #55

Snjeg-Snow
I'm in snow finally! I know I saw the snow in Utah and hearing about snow is probably no big deal to you, but I'm in snow! It's exciting to me to understand what it's like for missionaries to go tracting in the cold and feel like I don't know, an actual missionary during winter :) I don't know why, but the cold puts some more energy in me or something. I will probably wish I was back in warm Zadar in a few weeks, but for now it's good :) This week was a wonderful week of getting used to Osijek. Of course, I still don't know the area but I'm getting more of a feel of what is expected of me here. There are sooo many people that are willing to listen to the gospel. And there are sooo many people who are willing to try also. It was interesting to me when we checked up on a potential and she said that she read and prayed and didn't receive an answer. I wasn't surprised at the part that she didn't receive an answer but I was surprised that she at least tried. The past year, I've been talking to people that either try it and they feel something and keep going (which is a smaller amount) or they shut us down from the beginning. There are so many people here that seem to just try because we simply ask them to. It's so different. I don't mind it one bit :) We have this one investigator that would have been baptized this upcoming Saturday but her husband doesn't want her to be baptized because she already has been. But we'll help him understand more about the apostasy and authority so then they'll both understand and realize how much this is helping them come closer to God.
Speaking of baptisms, on Tuesday, 1 1/2 hours before I left, A. (chicken-blood lady) was baptized :) The entire time I was there. I couldn't believe it. There were so many times that I wondered, "Is she really going to be able to be baptized when I'm here?" Even when she came to church, I couldn't believe it. When we picked her up to go to her baptism, I couldn't believe it. Then when the service started, I was so happy. All the joy came in with all the memories I had with this woman. It was a bitter sweet ending to my time in Zadar. I'm so blessed to have been able to see it. Now I'm blessed to be here and help others understand more and make more covenants with Heavenly Father so they can have greater blessings.
The more I'm in the country, the more I'm grateful to learn another language, so these people can hear the gospel in their language. In 2 Nephi 31:3, it talks about teaching to their understanding and their language. Whether they're young or old, Croatian or American, everyone needs and deserves to learn in their language and to their understanding. I'm so grateful to be here to teach to their understanding and language. And I'm excited to keep going helping and to keep growing myself. Whatever your teaching circumstance whether it's an actual calling, a parent, a friend, or even just talking to some random stranger, I hope that you will talk and teach to their understanding and language. I know if you do the best you can, the Spirit will do the rest. Volim vas!
S vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment