Monday, February 11, 2013

Week #57

Anđeli-Angels
At first when I was thinking of this week, I was bummed because I thought that we hadn't reached what I wanted to see by the end of the week. But then as I looked more closely, I saw all the miracles that happened this week. Yes, we didn't reach where I wanted us to be, but we reached where we needed to be to start this next week. It started with a lesson with some Jehovah Witnesses. When Sestra B first told me we had some Jehovah Witnesses investigators. I was super nervous. All of my previous contact with Jehovah Witnesses went from frustrating to them yelling. So I was not too excited. But as we talked with them, they were open and just wanted to understand why we thought the way we do. It was great. We're meeting with them again tonight and I pray that the Spirit will speak to their hearts. Their minds are open, but they need to just open their hearts so the Holy Ghost can guide them to truth. A few other miracles this week was that we found an investigator whom we didn't have their number and she was always gone when we went to her place. We were walking on the street and just happened to meet with her. We then got her number and plan to meet with them this week. Another miracle is that a member's mom who wasn't willing to find truth a few years ago said that she is searching and needs help. She's ready now to learn what we and her daughter believes. Meeting with her tomorrow. These are just a few of the miracles this week. But most of all was that we met with V and her husband N. The lesson was all Spirit driven. Before the lesson, N wouldn't let V get baptized because she has been baptized before. Now she can get baptized. He still thinks that getting baptized, no matter the authority, is not right, but he will support his wife because he loves her. We were talking to her on the phone later and she said that N said we were a blessing to their home. I was so excited. He loves what we bring, but he just doesn't realize what it is that we bring. Helaman 5:36 describes my thoughts for these people perfectly. A Nephite who had once belonged to the church saw the faces of Nephi and Lehi (the missionaries there) through the cloud of darkness and saw their faces shining as angels and saw them seeing their eyes lift to heaven and talking as if they were talking to someone. Many people here are looking at us through clouds of darkness and see us as angels. They don't understand the feelings we bring and what we talk about. But when they understand, they know where to look to. They see the angels in their life and the miracles and how to receive more blessings in their life. It's amazing to me. I can't believe how much more love and desire I can feel for these people. I want the best for them and I can't wait to see what this next week brings. I hope we can reach my desire for them this week, but if not, then I pray I do the Lord's desire for us and them this week. I pray that you will do what the Lord desires for you this week too. Volim vas!
S vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment