Monday, February 18, 2013

Week #58


Što znaći vjera?- What does faith mean?

Sad news. Sestra B started getting dizzy this last week and it remains constant. Sometimes she is more dizzy than other times, but when she's not as dizzy usually she has a headache and it gets stronger all the time. So as she has been talking to the mission nurse and the area doctor, they decided we should go to Zagreb to have her see a doctor. Therefore after we have interviews with Pres. R, he's taking us up Zagreb. Three and a half hours with Pres. R...it will be an interesting ride. No, it will be good. I've just never had that much almost alone time, so it will be interesting. Then tomorrow we're going to the doctor and hopefully be back in Osijek right after that :) But I brought the area book just in case if we have some down time in Zagreb. Then we'll be heading to Zagreb again in 2 weeks for District Conference! I'm so excited!!! I'll see the people from Rijeka AND Zadar! I've missed them and can't wait to see them again, probably for the last time before I leave my mission :( But I'll see them and it will be great :)

Because of Sestra B's health weirdness, we've been taking it easy the last week. So my vision for Osijek couldn't be fulfilled this last week, but we're preparing for when we get back for all steam ahead!

This last week we were able to meet with V who set a baptismal date! She chose March 2!!! All she needs to do is stop smoking. We made a goal for tomorrow to be her last day, so hopefully that will be that. But she is just the sweetest little woman. She's ready to receive the blessings of the gospel.

This week I've been pondering a lot on what faith means. We talk about having faith throughout our trials, and an investigator of ours is going through a rough trial right now. She asked for a miracle and I said that the miracle will come when we have faith and quoted Pres. Monson that, "Our future is as bright as our faith." She replied that her future isn't very bright then because her faith is really down. She asked why she had to go through these trials when she didn't do anything to deserve it. I replied to prove ourselves. That we have to give our all at all times. It's hard because the question comes up "What is our all?" I gave her the example of Sestra B being sick right now, but she's a missionary. Why does she have to be sick when she's here for Him? There is something for us to learn. I referred her to this last conference when Elder Neil L. Andersen gave a talk Trial of Your Faith. It talks a little bit more about why and how we can go through trials. The scripture I thought for this week was D&C 98:12. When we're given a trial, it's the time for us to prove ourselves and show how faithful we are. This last week while Sestra B has had to rest, I had the opportunity to prove myself. I hope the way I used my time calling investigators, members, former investigators, and potentials was a good use of time. Hopefully it will help us be ready the next week when she gets back on her feet and ready to go! So my challenge for all of you is that during whatever trial you are going through right now, pray and ask Heavenly Father what you need to learn. I know I've been learning a lot this week and I will continue to learn as I continue on my mission. I love the trials that come about, because it gives me a chance to prove my faith by doing something. I'm so grateful to be here on a mission. Volim vas!!!

S vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment