Monday, October 15, 2012

Week #40

Dalje-Onward

This week we had a rough couple of days. Our first investigator that we found together, dropped us. She read on-line that we don't smoke or drink coffee and told us that she can't do that. We tried to explain over the phone, but she was just scared to change. We asked if we could come over and explain why we believe that way and she said no. But she did say we can call in a few months and see how it's going. I'm bummed that she's scared and doesn't want to change, but I'm grateful that she found truth on the Internet instead of other junk that people find. So when she's ready to change, she knows what to expect and knows the truth of our message. She's just not ready...yet :) Then after that day another investigator dropped us because (I think) influence from people in her church and she can't go to two churches. That day we also found out one of our investigators isn't committed to reading and praying, and just wants company to talk about her problems but isn't willing to fix her problems. So we had those rough couple of days, but then we had zone conference. I just love zone conference. It just rejuvenates me and gets me excited to keep moving forward! We've had these rough couple of days, but I KNOW that we can have 100 baptisms by the end of the year. After these few days, I was thinking about it at night and wondered, "How are we going to achieve our goal if these experiences keep happening?" I was quickly comforted that this will still happen. It may not happen on my time, (which I wanted it to happen for instance yesterday) but it will happen in the due time of the Lord. This morning, Sestra CC and I were talking about faith in Alma 32 and in verses 35 and 36, it talks about tasting the light and knowing it's good then "after ye have tasted this light is your knowledge perfect? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither must ye lay aside your faith" I have tasted a few times that the miracle of having 100 baptisms in this mission is going to happen, but is my knowledge perfect? No, I don't know exactly how or when it's going to happen, I just have to keep moving forward that it will happen. Then through my faith and the faith of others, this miracle will happen. We just have to exercise that faith. Show we are ready to receive that knowledge. I already have the assurance it's going to happen. Now I need to show my faith and willingness to make it happen. I have past my 1/2 way point this week. It was really weird to think I am now on the downhill side of my mission, but then I thought, no, this is the uphill part. It's going to be even harder to push even more, but I want to become what the Lord wants me to become at the top of the hill, I just have to learn and progress along the way. We're moving onward to find those who are ready to be baptized and show that first fruit of repentance so they can continually return to their Heavenly Father, and I know we are teaching some who are ready, we just have to help them realize that. Pray that we might be able to teach in unity with the Spirit, so we can help them understand what the teacher is trying to tell them. And my invitation to you all is to find that faith within you and when (not if) the trial to test your faith comes, be grateful for it, because Heavenly Father trusts you to have this experience to grow. He knows you'll overcome and become a better person if you just let Him. Trust Him. He knows us better. Ugodan tjedan! (Have a good week!) Volim vas bolje nego jućer a manje nego sutra! (I love you better than yesterday, and less than tomorrow! On a wall we found in Zadar. Cute right?) Volim vas puno!

Sa vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment