Monday, October 8, 2012

Week #39

Ne Još-Not yet

I know I said there was going to be exciting news, but nothing really super great...yet. Don't get me wrong, there were many miracles of the week. We have 3 new investigators. Many potentials saying this week or next week will be better to meet. I had a cold but was able to keep going and then it stopped by last night so I wouldn't have to use all of P-day getting better. And even though we asked for people to be baptized and none of them accepted, I still feel the Holy Ghost comforting me that there will be not just one but many baptisms here in Zadar soon. I can't wait! So I won't. We'll get back out there. Ask for more people to be baptized because we know this is the path for them on their way back to God. Yes, we all live this path of life seeing different details and stumbling over different rocks, but we all need to go through the gate of baptism with the right key and continue on the path towards God's house. That's the only way. There's one investigator in particular we've been working with and she knows this is truth. She sees it in our eyes :) But it's just having her realize and see that she needs the gospel right now and it can help with her life right now. She's the most focused Croat that I've ever seen. She really looks into our souls and listens with her heart, now it's just getting her head to listen too.

General Conference this weekend. What a great time! We were able to listen to the first 2 sessions in English and the Sunday morning in Croatian, but what a weekend! Especially the announcement from Pres. Monson. What?!?!? We were going quite crazy about the whole thing. We talked about it later and I just thought how different my life would have been if I had left at 19. I would have been home by now! But yet I know that if I could change the past 3 years, I wouldn't have. Me going on a mission when I was 21, was the best time for me. So far in my life, I couldn't have asked for a better one. Now I know many friends and cousins who are considering to go. All my advice is to pray and know when is the best time for you. I know 21 was the best for me. 19 might be the best for you. 28 might be the best time. But something that we should be doing all the time is in D&C 50:13-14. "Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question--unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth." A mission has made me realize what is really important. Yes, consider a mission and I would love to hear that you are going, but what I would love even more to hear are missionary experiences you are having right at home. It's rough. It's tough knowing what friends or family members would say. You might feel awkward or feel like it's not your place. I understand, but what I understand even more now is that it's possible. Keep being great! Keep reading and praying! Heavenly Father is there right along with you helping you become better and pushing you along the way. Volim vas puno!!!

Sa vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment