Monday, September 3, 2012

Week #34

Zahvalnost- Gratitude

We found a great new investigator!!! We found her on our way to a lesson. Tried to talk about the gospel at first, but the subject got changed. So we small chit chatted and then she brought up what we believed about God. We asked her what she believes and see if there are similarities. The first 10 minutes we were exactly the same. The only difference after that conversation was what's God's name. She is Hara Krishna with a Catholic background and is interested in learning more about what we believe. We set up an appointment the next day (she didn't want to meet at her place because of all the dogs and everyone who lives there, we'll work on that :) ) and at first she didn't arrive. So we just sat at the designated place for about 10 minutes and then we got up to leave and she came up to us. She was busy that night, but she read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we gave her and was really interested in learning more. I gave her a Book of Mormon and she said that she would read it, but she wants to do more than just read. She wants to discuss and learn. So we got her number (something she also was reluctant to give us the day before), and we're calling her today to see when we can meet. I'm very excited about her. She really does want to learn more and is searching for what God wants her to do. :D

Yesterday I had a neat little experience. Sestra C was on the phone, and I was just sitting until we could keep going. But in the mean time I was watching this elderly woman who took off her slipper and tried to zip up the zipper with one hand (the other one didn't work for some reason). At first I thought she got it, but then she stopped and tried again. On that second time, I walked over and asked if she would like some help. She said no at first, but as I walked away and looked back, she was looking at me. I asked her again if she would like some help. She nodded her head. I zipped up the zipper and put her foot in the slipper. She said thank you then I walked away. When I got back to Sestra C, I looked at the lady and she looked at me and started crossing herself and pointing to her heart. She was blessing me. It was so touching. I grabbed a Plan of Salvation pamphlet to give to her. She was still crossing herself and pointing to her heart and saying bless you while I gave it to her. She was so grateful for that little act I did for her. It reminded me of the story of the 10 lepers and only one coming back to say thank you. (Luke 17:11-19) She was so grateful for that little act and sometimes I am like the 9 lepers and forget to say thank you, even for the littlest things. A thing I noticed in verse 19 was interesting to me. Christ had already healed this man, and he said, "Thy faith had made thee whole." My first thought was that this man was already whole, so why did he say that? But then I realized that he was healed from leprosy and then when he came back, the man was made entirely whole-spiritually and physically. So as we say thank you to our Heavenly Father, we are becoming more and more whole/perfect. It was a nice little thought I had for personal study this morning :) Hope all of your scripture studies have been going well and don't forget to say Hvala! (Thanks) Volim vas!!!

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment