Monday, September 10, 2012

Week #35

Ljubljana-Ljubljana
This week I went on an exchange to Ljubljana!!! That's the capital of Slovenia! Now you might be wondering if the languages are the same or why a Croatian missionary is going to a different country for 5 days. So first off the languages have the same great-great-great grandpa but now they're way different. There are some grammar principles or words that are the same, but essentially I felt like a greenie again. It was great!!! It was difficult at times, but I remembered to look for body language because that is what helped me the most. I also saw how the Slovenian zone worked and I gained some insights and of course there were some things that wouldn't work in Croatia, but I have loved this experience and enjoyed remembering some things I need to work on and some ideas to make Zadar better. This week is going to be really short because we are headed off to Lake Bled!!! (google it, the Alps are in the background) Since this is probably my only time in Slovenia we're going to Bled to see the sights. But I want to leave with a success story and a scripture. The sisters found this woman tracting and she accepted baptism pretty much the first lesson. She's working on quitting smoking, but her heart is so pure and intune with the Spirit. It's wonderful!!! But the part that I was involved with is that this woman's friend came on one lesson and then called a few days later and was like, "So I'm going to get baptized the same day, ok?" We didn't even have to ask her if she wanted to get baptized, she invited herself! There are so many people that are prepared all around us. It's wonderful!!! This week we used Moroni 7:16 a lot. The light of Christ is in all of us so we can determine good and evil, but it's also good to remember that the light of Christ is in everyone else too. So look for the good in everyone!!! They need your love! Pure love! Volim vas puno!!!
Volim vas,
Sestra Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment