Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week #6

So Many Changes!!!

This last Friday we had a complete switch in our district! Our two Slovene elders were called into the MTC President's office and were told that they are no longer learning Slovene. They are now called Serbian speaking. They don't know exactly where they are going (maybe Croatia or Serbia since the languages are similar they put them in Serbian speaking), but they know for sure they are not first arriving in Slovenia. It's been crazy the last few days for them and us. We were a class of 4 (3 sisters and 1 elder) now with 6 (1/2 elders and 1/2 sisters). The dynamics are completely different but their attitudes have been such a great example for me that it's ok to grieve, but you have got to get up and get going. They have less than thee weeks now to learn more than what took us 6 weeks. Please pray for them to learn the language quickly! They definitely need it more than me! (Yes, I'm still not perfect, but switching languages I can't even imagine what is going through their heads). Crazy how many changes are going on the past few weeks!

Funny story: So we were role playing, and Starjesina Radosavljevic was with Sestra Trumbo. S. Trumbo was reading a scripture and looks up at S. Radosavljevic. He has tears streaming down his eyes, but that's because he sprayed himself in the eyes with a water sprayer! It looked sooo real and was soo funny! The whole class was busting up laughing because in his Australian accent he kept saying like, "This is an emotional time" and "Be serious". Such a funny elder!

The scripture of this week is Jacob 4:13. I can truly testify that the Spirit has touched my heart and has testified everything I know. I love the feeling of the Holy Ghost testifying to me, so especially this week I've been seriously praying for the spirit to be with me, my investigators, and to know what I need to teach. A few lessons I said things I was guided to say and the lesson went a completely different way, but that was what they needed to hear. I love God and his wonderful plan of how to help us! I'm grateful for Jesus Christ for being there with me step by step throughout my life! Don't forget God and Christ loves you and you can know that by the Holy Ghost touching your heart! Volim ve! (Love ya'll!)


S vjecnim ljubavom, (With eternal love, in the correct case I think)
Sestra Kristine Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment