Monday, April 29, 2013

Week # 68

Samo Vjeujete-Only Believe
 
This week it seems like we did nothing, but then after reflecting over the week quite a bit happened. Sestra Mortensen was really sick for about 2 days, so that's where the I feel like nothing happened. But then we have 3 new investigators, 31 people were at church, we already have a full week scheduled for this week, and I'm getting pushed to grow even more (weird huh?). One of the new investigators was the cousin of another investigator who is progressing really well. He has a son and is divorced, but needs something more in his life. He is kind of just going day by day, and we're here to help him understand the gospel, so he doesn't have to live day by day, but live for a future. Our other two investigators are a couple who are atheists, but curious about who we are and who are Mormons. I've never taught atheists after the first lesson and usually we don't even get past the door, so I'm excited for this new challenge of teaching someone who doesn't have any beliefs about God. But as she was talking, she is exactly the kind of person we need in the Church in Croatia. She was talking about how these people can live above their circumstances and can find hope in the future instead of living like the war is still going on. She also talked about that the people are so traditional and how they need to figure things out for themselves and know for themselves instead of knowing because of their parents. She has an eye of faith for these people. And these people need to see that in themselves. She would be so great to have in the branch to help everyone see this hope in themselves! I can't wait to teach her and help her come to this knowledge of the gospel and how it will bless her life. Because I know her disbelief is keeping her from blessings that she could receive if she only believed! In Ether 4:13-14, Christ commands the people to believe so they can receive greater things, greater happiness, and see the great things Father has in store for us. I'm so blessed to have this opportunity on my mission to prove to my Father that I believe. That I want the best for my family and for everyone around me. I will do the things that He wants me to do because I believe. And since I do that, I see the greater things that are in store. Believe and see the greater things that are in store for you and your family! For they are there. I know this.  Do sljedećeg puta! (Until next time!) Volim vas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment