Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week #69

Promjena srce- A Change of Heart
 
This was a great fun week of nothing going to plan and not as many people coming to the activities as we were hoping for. It was quite sad, BUT D agreed to be baptized! She has been wanting to get baptized for about the past month but wants a member she knows in Rijeka to come and baptize her, so she hasn't agreed to a date until they know his schedule. Well, we talked about it and she agreed to get baptized on the 25 of May if this member can be there which will be likely. He still doesn't know his schedule all the way. But we have a date so we can start planning more exactly what she needs and when. Yay! We also had a miracle lesson with one of our members who is also Hara Krishna...long story. But she has come to a down hill lately, but the lesson we had with her helped her realize to read every day from the Book of Mormon and the Bible this week. We'll see how our lesson with her tomorrow goes.
 
Another miracle despite all the hardships is that Mario, the cousin of another investigator, said that he would get baptized if he feels it. :) Everything he's done in his life has been done because he feels like he needs to do it. So now we just need to help him recognize the answer. But he's definitely getting baptized. I don't know what the Lord's timing is on it, but we're going to try our best to help him realize it this week :) Keep you posted.
 
Two funny stories that I keep forgetting to mention in my emails. First is that Osijek lives by the Danube, so guess what that means? Komarci! Mosquitos! We played soccer for a branch activity two weeks ago and the next day I counted 40 bites just on my legs! Grosno! Gross! Second story is a language story because just so you know, I'm still not perfect in the language. I'm actually far from perfect, I'm so amazed how I'm getting us through lessons still! The Lord definitely blesses. But anyways, so we were listening to a story from our branch president and well, when I listen to a story especially when I don't know the vocabulary, I fill in the spaces with what I think. He was describing about Beograd in Serbia and how people would go to bomb shelters to runaway from the bombs. Well the word for bomb is bom and the word for candy is bombon. I didn't connect bomb with the word bom and I filled it instead with candy. He asked if I understood at the end and I said, "Were they throwing down candy from the airplanes?" Well, that was a great laugh to last the rest of the day. Learning every day :)
 
The biggest miracle for me is the change of heart that I felt yesterday and today. I don't know exactly what has been happening, but I can feel the mighty change of heart within me (Mosiah 5:2-4). I love these changes and I am excited to continue feeling like this the rest of my life. Missions are amazing! I received a letter from a friend who has been having missionary experiences even though she's not on a mission. We are all on missions. The Lord's errand. Find what the Lord sees for you and feel the change happening within you! It's great, I promise :) Volim vas!

No comments:

Post a Comment