Monday, April 8, 2013

Week #65

Predsjednik Eyring je pričao o nama!-President Eyring talked about us!

You probably didn't catch this, but during the priesthood session of general conference, Pres. Eyring talked about a boy meeting an American nurse, getting baptized, missionaries coming, himself baptizing someone, then being the only member at church for Easter with a hurt leg. Well that was in our mission! The lovely town of Tuzla, Bosnia. It was so cool hearing about our mission getting mentioned (even though it was not specifically named, but it's great!) so there's a fun fact for you.

Are you ready to hear this again? It was a rough week, so it's time for the blessings! We dropped a few investigators because they weren't really wanting to learn more or work for the truth, and the people we did find were the same as the dropped investigators. But like I have learned my whole mission, when the going gets tough then the tough get going and then the miracles happen! So we just have to hold on a little bit longer and do the right things at the right time. For instance, we went to the health insurance for me and Sestra M to get some menial but important stuff done, so we can stay in the country (which is not one of my favorite things to do, but I do it anyway with a smile). We were sitting waiting for our turn and one of our English flyers went to the floor in front of this young lady and we laughed then I offered it to her. She became interested then asked us what we were doing in Croatia. I love it when people ask us. After I explained, she became very interested, we exchanged numbers and now we have an appointment with her and she wants to bring one of her friends. So I'll let you know how it goes! (If I remember to tell you about that story next week) So this week we'll work for the blessings which will come! We just have to have faith and act on that faith. 

Tomorrow, one of the elders leaves for America. It's been very weird seeing all the good-byes. Because my time for that is coming up very fast. I have as much time left since Christmas. Ćudno. Weird. That felt like three days ago when that happened. And in a month is Mother's Day calls! My last call on my mission, what!?!? I can't believe that. But something that has helped me to focus is Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on "Regrets and Resolutions". I was reading it for a member, but it all kept coming back to me and what I needed to do with the time that I have left, so I have as few of regrets as possible. Because I know that I will continue to make mistakes, but if I focus on the potential I have and live up to what Heavenly Father has for me, I will end my mission similar to Enos when he spoke about the end of his life. The last verse saying that I will stand and see his face with pleasure. At the end of my mission, I want pray to my Heavenly Father and know that I did all that I could do and do all that he wants me to do. Before I left on my mission, I had a phrase saying, "No regrets!" And I want to leave my mission saying, "Resolutions!" I've learned that every day there are regrets, but there's a tomorrow full of potential to fulfill resolutions. This mission has changed my life because I have learned to repent, change, and make resolutions. Now I'm just rambling, but I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and he wants us to be happy. Find the truth, for in there lies the joy. I'm so happy and I can't wait to continue to share this happiness with everyone I meet. Volim vas!

 S vjećnom ljubavlju,
 Vaśa kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment