Monday, January 21, 2013

Week #54

Osijek-Osijek (O-see-yek)

Osijek is the city that I'll be serving in next starting Wednesday! Yes, that's right, transfer calls happened this week. I was very excited to hear that I'll be moving to Osijek. It's very different from Rijeka and Zadar (one it's not by the sea and flat). Also it's cold. There's snow. Tracting's going to start getting a lot more fun :) But seriously tracting hasn't been bad at all. I think every night this week that we went tracting we were let in at least one time. It was very cool. But the coolest thing that happened this week was church on Sunday. When I found out I was leaving, I called everyone I knew and contacted the different store owners and invited them to church. I couldn't believe how many people that I was still in contact with and how many people I talked to within a 6 month time span. It took some time. So on Sunday, I was playing the piano and I couldn't see how many people came because how the piano is situated, you can't see everyone. But then I went up to go speak and the room was full! 20 people came to church not counting missionaries! (Usually about 12 people come to church) We had 4 investigators at church! The most I have ever had. It was absolutely amazing. But the most amazing part is that one of our investigators is going to be baptized tomorrow right before I leave (seriously, we're going to leave right after the service). This is the former investigator that I found with Sestra CC in November and she had chicken blood on her hands. Ring a bell? It's just a wonderful way to leave a city. So pray that everything goes well tomorrow. For I know that she wants this. She wants to feel loved and be a part of the gospel. And I'm so grateful that I was able to help her receive it.

I was called to serve on a mission. As I continue to learn my duty as a missionary, the scripture I gave at my last district meeting in Zadar this week describes perfectly what I feel for these people: 1 Thes. 2:8 . At first, I taught the gospel to these people. Now, I've realized that I have not only given the gospel to them, but my own soul. These people I have come to love. When I think of Osijek, I am excited to meet more people and see what I can do to help. But when I think of Zadar, I almost start crying because I'm leaving these wonderful people until who knows when. But it will all be good, because I'm going to be where God needs me to be. And I'll continue my adventure as a representative of Jesus Christ. Wish me luck and I'll let you know next week how everything went! Volim vas!

S vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment