Monday, November 26, 2012

Week #46


Zahvalna sam-I am grateful

This week was a great week. Since we split a senior couple with Rijeka (they come to Zadar about every other week), we had Thanksgiving on Wednesday. It was great to spend some time cooking and playing a few games before going back out to work. The food was so good and for those who are wondering, we didn't have an official turkey, but we did have a turkey breast and a chicken breast so there would be enough meat for everyone. It was just a great day. Then I had my birthday on Saturday, Sestra CC made actual pancakes for me and I opened presents that was sent from my family. I was sooo excited for all the bags of Skittles!!! We went out to eat lunch and had ice cream by the Sea Organ. It was a little chilly but not too cold not to have ice cream. We had some Mac and Cheese (thanks Mom for sending the packets :) for dinner with the branch president and his family, then went out finding people. But what I loved and most thankful for this week was one of our investigators with a baptismal date came to church this week. She lives about 25 minute walking distance from the church, and also she is the fourth investigator I've had that has come to church. She came to church loved it and really wants to go to Zagreb next week for District Conference. And a lot of other members from Zadar want to go this District Conference. This means a lot. Usually when we talk about events in Zagreb, the people of Zadar don't want to do anything about it. Mostly because Zagreb is 3 1/2 hour bus ride away and for a one day trip when you don't have any money? What's the point? But hearing them being all excited and wanting to go just made me super grateful. It's hard being here during the pioneer stages of this country to see these slow and hard, but fulfilling changes in these people's lives. I've thought about how it would be to be in a different mission and seeing many baptisms every week, but then I think of all the growing and life-changing experiences for me and they wouldn't have happened if I had seen baptisms all the time. This mission is exactly where I need to be. It would be nice to have new investigators every day or even having a lesson with someone every day. But I wouldn't be who I am today if it did. Mosiah 4:27, it isn't required that I run faster than I have strength just to give all that I have. Shoot, it's hard, but shoot, it's worth it. Every little lipa (smallest coin in Croatia), it's worth it. I hope you all had an extraordinary grateful week and be excited for the upcoming Christmas season! It's going to be great! Volim vas!
Sa vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment