Monday, November 19, 2012

Week #45


Ne Promijenje-No Change

So this week is transfers! I thought I was going to be leaving, but I'm blessed with another 9 weeks here in Zadar :) Which I'm so grateful for because it means that I'll be able to see all three baptisms we have planned. Yes, you heard that...3! This last week, one of our member's friends came to church, we had a lesson, and she said she would be baptized! It's crazy that all these people are accepting to be baptized! Now the difficult part is having them realize what that means. It's great for everyone to be baptized, but if they don't know what it means then it's better for them to wait to commit to that covenant.

We had a wonderful zone conference this last week and the message I received out of it was that I need to teach person to person instead of missionary to investigator. I realized that I have gotten into this mode (especially with Croatian) that I say the same things in a very formal, generalized way. For instance, this message will make you happy. Yes, that is a true sentence, but it doesn't have any meaning. When I explain why this message makes me happy, then it brings so much more power to what I'm saying and I become this person speaking to them instead of an American girl speaking Croatian in a skirt with a name tag. There's so much depth that can come in the lessons, I just have to work for it and figure out how to share that with them. In 2 Nephi 33:1, it talks about the power of the Holy Ghost carrying the message unto the hearts of men. The way the Holy Ghost to carry this message to their hearts is for me to speak from the heart. This week wasn't much, but it's in preparation for an another wonderful next week! Have a great week! Volim vas!

Sa vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment