Monday, July 2, 2012

Week #25

Glistening :)
My dad or mom once told me that girls don't sweat, but they glisten. Oh boy, it's the time for glistening. I don't remember ever being in hotter weather. Whenever we ask people how they are nowadays, 98.756% of the answers are "hot". The other answers are "could be better". Then they say "it's hot". So eventually we talk about the weather and that it's quite warm outside. So I think I should stop saying it has been a rough week because it seems the Lord keeps letting us know that it could be worse. It was alright until Saturday, we tried to meet with 4 people with a member and everyone wasn't there or bailed. She's never been on a lesson before so I felt super bad that that night was her first impression of missionary work outside of her own experience. Then yesterday, we had a lesson with an investigator we've met with for about 2 months now and she still hasn't read any of the Book of Mormon, so we told her we couldn't come by anymore until she actually read. She said she would but she's been saying that since day 1...Then we went by another investigator's house. On the way we saw one of our investigator's husband. She has a baptismal date and he asked if we were going to go by and see his wife. We said we didn't plan to because she said she had work on Sundays all day. He said she wasn't home at the time, but that she never has work on Sundays and usually goes to her parents house up the hill. That just confused us. Why would she lie to us the last few weeks that she has work on Sundays and so she can't come to church? So we kept going and went to the investigator we first were going to see and she told us at the door she's too busy to meet with us and tried to give us back the Book of Mormon. We told her we didn't want it and told her to keep it. We asked if there was anything we could do, and she kept saying no and was really sorry. She truly was sorry. We both wanted to cry after that. But we kept going and contacted some more people on the street before returning home for the night. No potential investigators, but we kept going and that's the point. I read a talk Robert D. Hales gave about 10 Axioms we need in life and one was "it's not the obstacles that counts, but how you overcome it." I totally thought about just going home and crying. I thought, "It's close enough to 9." My heart hurt. I wasn't sure if I could handle rejection anymore. But Sestra L and I just kept talking to people. And I KNOW that was what Heavenly Father wanted us to do. He never wants us to sit down and give up. He wants us to learn and move on, find ways to become better. Russel M. Nelson said, "Perfection doesn't come in this life but the next life." We're asked to be perfect like our Father, but we won't see that perfection in this life. What we do in this life will help us be perfect in the life to come, but we have to do our part now. In Helaman 10:4-5, God told Nephi he was blessed for his "unwearyingness" in declaring the word and "has not sought thine own life, but has sought my will". I have to go unwearyingly. Even when people decide not to take the happiness I'm telling them about. Then I have to keep trying, keep finding ways to help them see that actually yes, they do want this happiness. Because I know that if they just knew what this gospel could do for them, they would not hesitate to accept. But how are they to know if I don't tell them? So I will keep going. Keep trying to find ways to show Heavenly Father's love for them. These people need to be blessed. There's so much hurt and sadness from the war here, but they are ready for change. For hope again. Many of them just don't realize that they're ready. So I'll keep going and keep talking to people. Yes, sometimes they don't understand what I say, but usually after I say what the Lord wants me to try to say. They say they understand. Either through the Holy Ghost telling them what to do or Heavenly Father just put the words in my mouth, they understood. It's amazing how mindful Heavenly Father is of every one of us. How much he knows what we can handle and what we are capable of. So don't give up! Keep finding ways for the Lord to bless you. He will show you what to do. Ja znam. I know it. Love you so much! Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment