Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week #24

Uživim Život! I Enjoy Life!
So we've been working with this one girl since we've been in Rijeka and she called us up on Saturday and asked if we could meet. She needed to tell us something. So we met up at the church and small talked for a little bit. Then she said, "I have a question about this baptizing?" We talk about baptism every time, so I just responded baptism and...? She said, "I'm ready now. What do I need to do?" AHHH!!!! I couldn't believe it! She's been saying that she's been needing to take it slow since Day 1, and now she's ready! Through the Lord's time. I got a ring from Jerusalem that says in Hebrew "The Lord's Time" to help me remember that in the Lord's time things will happen. We just have to do our best and keep it moving. I don't remember if I mentioned this, but in the District Conference a few months ago, the District President of Croatia said that it's the Lord's will to have a stake by 2020. That means 5 wards with at least 150 people in each ward. And we figured it out yesterday that it would mean about 1 baptism a month. That's totally possible! But we have to do our part and help the work move along so we can have this stake. In the Lord's time.
Funny story: So I've been on an exchange this week (since there are only a few of us sisters in Croatia, so our exchanges for a weekish but doesn't happen as often), and we're in Zagreb right now using the computers at the mission office. I haven't used an English keyboard since March, so I'm struggling as we write because only a few letters are different. I keep wanting to put a y and instead I get a z or the other way around and I try to find the apostrophe and hit the dash mark. At least it's a good sign that I'm immersing and learning in the language! But I'm getting kind of frustrated with the keyboard right now, so I'll end shortly.
I realized this week what it means to do all we can do and God will provide. With our girl with a baptismal date, we didn't know what else we could do. We tried everything we could think of to do. So when we weren't with her we tried everything else we could do to keep the work going. Tracting all the time, finding people by the way, teaching wherever we go. Even when she wasn't around, we were doing all we could do. Then God took care of the rest where we couldn't do anything. It's amazing everything I'm learning. I think I'm good and God shows me something else to think and ponder about. The mysteries are just opening up. I'm so grateful that I am here right now seeing the miracles in this country and the beginnings of the growth of the Church in Croatia. Thanks for your faithful reading and prayers. I think of you often (not too much) but enough to remember how great you all are and how many miracles you are probably doing back home. Volim vas puno!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment