Monday, July 23, 2012

Week #28

Pozdrav od Zadra! Greetings from Zadar!

Oh my. It's been crazy busy! I feel like I'm just going from one lesson to the next. It's an interesting dynamic for me from going to a place where we had to work up to be super busy with people to a place where I just got off the bus and headed to a lesson (seriously 20 minutes after I got off the bus we were in a lesson). It's been difficult putting in all the Zadar history in my head in one week, but I also see the blessings of new eyes at a place. I just add ideas of what we could do for people and different takes on what they could be feeling. Then we pray, have faith and go in with a plan! Then the Spirit takes over and does the rest :) The thing about Zadar for me that there are all these families that aren't complete. But now is the time to complete them! That's one of our focuses this transfer, and I know it's what the Lord wants us to do this transfer too. So expect baptisms this transfer! I know I'm being confident and bold but that's what I need to be. Bam. The family we're most focused on is this family with 3 kids. The dad was baptized 4 years ago and 2 of the kids wanted to be baptized pretty much a few months later, but the mom doesn't understand why they need to be baptized. So all of the kids have been actively dry members of the church since then. After a lot of teaching and trying, the mom gave consent for one daughter to be baptized since she was 18. The daughter didn't want to get baptized without her mom being ok with it. So that's why she didn't just go on ahead. But the mom hasn't given consent for the other two children, so our goal is to get them all baptized this transfer. Oh and just so you know, there was a church article about the 40th which you can read by clicking on this address:
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/62558/Anniversary-observance-Churchs-beginnings-in-former-Yugoslavia-observed.html

The scripture of the week is Jacob 5:71 because it talks about laboring in the vineyard with all your might and finding joy. I feel like that all the time. I know the last few weeks in Rijeka were hard, but I just wanted to let you know that there was still joy. Even though I couldn't see the change in those people, there were changes going on and I could see the change in myself. I'm so excited to see the changes here in Zadar because they are just ready to come out. Like what a senior couple told us, "This is a game of hide and seek. They are the ones hiding and we are the ones seeking." So I just want to declare Olly, Olly, oxen free! (or something like that) and have everyone who is ready, to come out and join us and be happier! Have more knowledge of what true happiness is and become prepared to meet God! For that's our purpose in life, and we will need to show that we know it. So everyone (not just missionaries) declare this out and let's step forward together against Satan so he can't harm anymore. Keep it up! Don't lose faith! The Lord is with thee. So say hi to him, talk a bit, and follow his counsel! :) Volim vas puno! Do sledeći put! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment