Monday, June 18, 2012

Week #22

Tužan Tjedan- Sad Week

This week was so exciting and then super hard. For instance in two days we had a total of 10 lessons planned and then only 3 followed through (and one person wasn't even there mentally the whole time because she was super tired from work). It has been a little frustrating lately, but when it all comes down to it I feel like Alma 32:6. We, missionaries, have to feel some afflictions to be prepared to "give" the word to those who are ready to hear the word. Because if we don't know the simple things ourselves then we can't teach what we don't know. For instance, I tried to stop a little bad habit just to understand what one of my investigators is going through with quitting smoking. I've failed every single day. I can't even imagine what it must be like to quit smoking for good, but what I have learned so far is that it's harder on your own. When Sestra L helps me and reminds me of my goal, it's easier to not do it. So I know that when we ask for God to be on our side and help us out, we can do anything. God knows us so well. He knows exactly how we can overcome a habit, a trial, anything. I know this isn't a lot, but let's just say this week is a...growing week :) Keep smiling! Keep working hard! Keep climbing over those brick walls that come in the way because afterwards, you'll be stronger than you thought you were. Volim vas puno!

No comments:

Post a Comment