Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week #8

Last E-mail from the MTC!!! I'm leaving this place!!! On Monday, March 12, 2012, I will be flying from the SLC airport at 8:36 am and landing in Minnesota at 12:15 pm, have a 5 hour layover, landing in Paris at 8:00 am for 1 1/2, then finally landing in Zagreb at 11:45 am. BAH!!! It's unreal! I've been waiting to be in Croatia for almost 7 months and now I'll be going in 6 days. WHOOHOO!!! But don't get me wrong things are hopping here at the MTC also.

A week ago today, we had devotional from a special speaker...Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. He was here just a few weeks ago with Elder Russel M. Nelson, so we assumed that we wouldn't be able to see anymore apostles.We were gratefully wrong. Also this past Sunday, our fireside was given by Alex Boye. Yes, be jealous. He gave a beautiful fireside about how we can touch people like him. We just need to be there. He explained through his conversion story and sang us songs with his fabulous voice. He touched a lot of missionaries who needed to be touched that night including myself.

Funny story: At TRC, we were teaching a convert Serbian about the Book of Mormon. We still don't understand the language a lot even though it's getting better. Well, I asked what we can do to prepare to make the most out of reading the Book of Mormon. I just saw him wiping his hands, and since I don't know how to say sure you can wash your hands if you want. I said, "Da" and afterward he told us he thought we meant that we needed to wash our hands before reading the Book of Mormon just like the Quaran. Woops. I just need to stop saying "Da" after I ask a question unless I know what they said. I think I could get into a lot more trouble.

Scripture of the week is Alma 17:11. This was such an up lifter for me. It talks about teaching the Lamanites and how through afflictions and trials, I will become an instrument in his hands. I just need to keep doing my part. I know this gospel is true. This is God's word. And I WANT to spread it to everyone that can hear! I know I won't make sense at least for the first 3 months, but I know that if I just keep speaking, God will let the spirit speak through me. I just need to speak. Thank you all for your support and love! Volim vas puno!

No comments:

Post a Comment