Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week #11

Ej sve!
We had our first lesson this week! We met this woman at a bus stop and she said she met with the missionaries two years ago through English classes, and as we were talking with her she said she would like to practice her English again. So for our first lesson she took us to a beach, and we chit chatted. She had some issues with Joseph Smith and isn't really willing to try to investigate into the church but we're going to try to help her to pray and go from there. We had another lesson with this family we tracted into. They are the cutest little family and seem interested in what we had to say. We haven't met a second time yet but hopefully I have more exciting news next week :)

Last Friday, we had a zone conference in Zagreb which was so great! We got together and learned more about how to teach through the Spirit and just pretty much a pep talk about finding. We're all now so stoked to go out and find more people who are ready to receive the gospel! So on the way home I had quite the experience. Sestra Lethco and I split up so this mom and her son could sit next to each other. I sat by this woman about 50, and she wasn't very talkative especially after she found out that I didn't speak a lot of Croatian because she only speaks a little bit of English. After a little bit I asked about herself in the little Croatian that I do know, and she opened up a lot because it's just her and her dog, but she really loves Boća :) Then after talking about her dog, I asked her some phrases in Croatian and then one thing led to another and before I knew it I was talking about why I was on a mission and we shared experiences with each other about religious things and then she became my Baka (Grandma) of Rijeka. She wanted to make sure we made it home alright so she waited with us at the bus stop to go home and gave me a Catholic bracelet from France. We're going to see each other sometime this week. Plus hopefully she'll understand more of why I'm on a mission. We'll see how it goes.

This week was an awesome week and the language is slowly coming. I'm understanding more and more and asking more and more questions. I'm still lost a lot, but it's ok, because when I actually do understand, it will be one of my happiest days on my mission. The harder I work, the greater the prize. I know I am supposed to be here RIGHT NOW!!! Timing is everything to the Lord and as I continue to have faith and do the things He wants me to do, I will time everything perfectly through Him. Heavenly Father loves us. He wants us to return to Him and have no regrets. By praying, reading the scriptures, and following the Holy Ghost every day, we will return into His loving arms. I'm excited for what the next week will bring! Volim vas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment