Thursday, April 5, 2012

Week #12

Pozdrav od Hrvatsku! (Greeting from Croatia!)This past week we started English classes! It was super fun, but still I need Sestra Lethco right next to me because when they ask for a word, I just smile and look for Sestra Lethco :) But I try and it will be good for me to learn simply how to explain things in Hrvatski (Croatian) and learn fun words along the way like grandchildren (unuka, for all the Bake-grandmas).

We have talked to some people who might be interested in the gospel so we're going to set up some lessons and see what happens! We focused a lot this past week to follow up on our potential investigators and investigators the Elders gave us. We didn't have much success. We either didn't find them, they said they weren't interested, they were busy, or no one answered the door. But hopefully this week will be better. We have 3 lessons for tomorrow and 1 pretty interested potential tonight, so the future is looking good! The funniest story of the week was we went to go meet with one of our investigators, and the door opened and we thought we had the wrong door. So we told the woman who answered the door that we had the wrong door. We called our investigator and he said he wasn't there but his wife was. We double checked the address and it was the right apartment we went to. We met his wife so we thought maybe it was her sister or something. So we went back and the investigator called back but we already knocked on the door so the same woman answered. Sestra Lethco was talking to our investigator and I tried to understand the woman at the door. I asked her if she was Ivana's (the investigator's wife) sister, and she was like I'm Ivana. She had cut and colored her hair this past week, so we didn't recognize her! Opa! (Oops!) We felt so bad, but since the investigator was super late and we needed to go to the branch activity we set up with him to meet the next day. The wife was nice and she didn't seem offended. Whew!The success we did have last week is that we visited 2 inactive members and then they came to church on Sunday. What a blessing! Sunday was definitely the highlight of the week in my opinion. We had fast and testimony meeting which two investigators with a baptismal date bearing their testimonies. I didn't understand a lot of what they were saying, but I understood the words of the heart. To me that was enough to know how blessed I am to be with these strong people. They've gone through so much heartache and hate. How great it is that I can show them this happiness! Teach them how they can rely on someone who will take away that pain and bring them happiness they can't even imagine-I can't imagine.

We watched General Conference and I loved the Sunday morning session because I loved knowing that there were millions of other members of the Church watching the same thing I am right then. It's so weird for this Utah girl who had a Laurel's class larger than the Sacrament meeting, but watching conference gave me this feeling of strength. There are people who are living this gospel and helping others be prepared to come closer to Christ. Another reason I loved watching General Conference was because I knew those who I am closest to are watching the apostles that instance. I miss everyone, but I know that we all need to do what the Lord wants us to do because He knows best. He's my coach. If I do my part and play the role he wants me to play perfectly, more people will come to the gospel. I will come closer to Him. I just need to listen to The Coach and do what he says and then we'll win. I know this so much. I can't think of any other way working out better. It just makes sense. (Ima smisla).

This goes along with the scripture of the week (I know I forgot to do that this last week, but here it is for this week). Alma 43:45-when I read this scripture, I just thought, "What am I fighting for?" Everyday is a battle. There are fights everyday and why am I fighting them? I know I'm fighting to find these people that are ready to accept the gospel and ready to find this happiness. I would like to extend this question, "What are you fighting for?" I've realized that as I find the purpose for each day, the day is worth so much more. Find what is of worth for you and fight for it! Don't give up! God has you here for this time for a reason! He is the coach and has a key role for you! Find that role and put your dukes up because Satan doesn't want you to get back up. Get up and get going! God and Christ are there to walk with you the entire way. Be like Nike and "just do it". Volim vas!!! Vidimo se!

No comments:

Post a Comment