Monday, August 20, 2012

Week #32

Da je bilo najbolje vrijema i najgorji vrijema-It was the best of times and the worst of times.
That is a synopsis of what the rest of this transfer is going to be like missionary style. We are going to have the best few weeks because of everything that's going to happen, but it's going to be stinking rough.

There is a family here that is quite famous throughout Croatia (church wise). The dad was baptized about 4 years ago and all three kids have been involved with the church. The mom was involved too until about 2 years ago. We have no idea what happened but a lot of misunderstanding and hurt has happened in her life.

The next blessing of this week is our baptism on Saturday!!! She is the one I wrote about last week, and she is getting baptized on Saturday! What a blessing for me to be at her last steps towards baptism and her first steps as a member and partaker of the blessings. It's been rough even last week after her amazing experience with knowing that baptism is the way for her, but it's been worth it seeing the joy on her face. I'm excited to send pictures next week :)

This week I've been doing a lot of reconciling to what the Lord wants despite what my human flesh wants to do. In 2 Nephi 10:24 it reminds me to reconcile to God and of course not to the devil, but it was interesting that it says not to reconcile to the flesh too. Every one gets tired sometimes, but don't submit to the flesh! Go do what Heavenly Father wants you to do!!! It's been great to see what Heavenly Father makes of us and helps us to overcome. I'm amazed everyday seeing the change in myself from the checkpoint of entering the MTC, entering Croatia, even coming here to Zadar. I can't express anymore love for these people. There is so much hate towards others, religions, and even God. I'm needed here to make a difference. And you're needed there to make a difference. There are no coincidences. Volim vas puno!

No comments:

Post a Comment