Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week #1

Bok iz MTC! (Hello from MTC!) Bok! Shoot. I don't even know where to start!!!

This first week has been a crazy emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual roller coaster ride! I'm super happy, then scared, then excited, then frustrated, then am at peace and then happy again. It just keeps going in a circle! When I entered the MTC, I thought I was going to be a solo sister since there are only 4 Croatian sisters, but then I found out I have 2 sister missionaries going to Croatia too! We are all companions going to the same place. YAY!!! Sestra Trumbo is from everywhere because her dad was on BYU basketball, but she grew up in Spain the first 11 years of her life and currently her family's in Provo. Sestra Trumbo is our lift you up sister. She is always able to make us laugh and I don't think she has a comfort zone because she's always talking to people and has no fear. Sestra Moody is from Orange County, California, and she is crazy good at Croatian! Sestra Trumbo and I keep asking her what this means or how to say this and 99% of the time she's right. I love these sisters so much and am so grateful to have them to support me! There are no elders going to Croatia, but there's an Australian who is going to Serbia in the same class with us. Serbian and Croatian are pretty much the same except he has to learn the Cyrillic alphabet where we have Latin plus a few more letters. But he's picking up on it sooo well!!! There are also 2 elders going Slovenia in another classroom from Missouri and Texas. This makes up our mission of new elders and sisters and also our district in the MTC! I love my district so much! They are the best people to be here with!

Here's my typical schedule:
5:45 am Wake up
6:00 work out (there's a sister work out class in the gym that could be yoga, kick boxing, pilates, etc.) but sometimes I study while my sisters are working out
6:30 get ready
7:05ish breakfast
7:30 am study/class
11:30 lunch
12:15 class/study
4:30 dinner
5:30 gym
6:30 get ready
7:00 class/study
9:00 Daily Planning Session
9:30 go back to Residence and get ready for bed
10:30 lights out!

Every minute is scheduled and there's no time to lose focus. I love it! Thanks for reading this but there's no more time to write! Other than I know that I'm supposed to be here and even though it's hard, it's my time to learn and then teach! The language will come, but I have to try and work hard first. D&C 11:19-21.

Love you all!!!
Keep smiling!!!!
Sestra Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment