Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week #48

Nisam Znala-I didn't know

A few weeks ago, I thought I was going to be transferred out of Zadar and go to Beograd, Serbia. But then President Rowe asked us to stay, and I was very grateful because I love these people. It's frustrating sometimes, but I love them. We got a call from President Rowe last week. He talked to us for a few minutes and then said, "Sestra Compare, I would like you to go to Beograd." At first I thought he just meant an exchange because he talked about us going on exchange for a little bit now, but then he mentioned being transferred. It's crazy. Both of us thought I would leave before Sestra Compare. But this is good. Sestra Trumbo is coming to Zadar and we were companions in the MTC, so it'll be fun. After thinking I was leaving Zadar, I found some more ways how I could help and I haven't finished. There's so much for me to do. There are so many more people I need to find and talk to. There's plenty for me to see happen. We thought we were going to have a baptism on Saturday, but she isn't ready. She's still progressing towards baptism, but she still needs a little more time. Definitely before the end of the year. She'll be ready.

I have been reading the Book of Mormon over and this time summarizing each chapter and how it could fit in one of the Preach My Gospel lessons. I'm in the middle of Alma and all the missionary work from Ammon, Aaron, and the brothers. It's been interesting to see the contrast of the missions, but what I loved most from this week was in Alma 23:6. We were talking to some members and they were joking that Zadar people are like the Lamanites. But then I read how the Lamanites just flocked to baptism as they came to believe "according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy." My mission president is inspired. My zone and district leaders are inspired. Now I have to act on my inspiration and those I just mentioned, so the miracles can work within us and those who believe what we preach will be converted and never fall away. We're finding these people. Now we just need to preach them according to how they need to hear it. It's coming. I know that's what I have been saying pretty much my whole mission, but I have to see the potential these people have. Have faith in them. Only when I see them how God does, then the miracles will happen. Have a great week! Volim vas!

S vjećnom ljubavlju,
Vaša kćer,

Sestra Kristine Jolley
Uvijek Sljedići Braće

No comments:

Post a Comment